Celebrate Yiddish Culture with a Gift
- Donate Online. Click the button above, enter any amount, then choose "Donate with PayPal" or "Donate with a Card" (no PayPal account is needed).
- Mail a check payable to KlezCalifornia, Inc., 1728 Allston Way, Berkeley, CA 94703
- Put a little something in the pushkeh at a KlezCalifornia event.
Your donation to KlezCalifornia helps us build a warm, vibrant, region-wide community to promote and celebrate Yiddish culture. Please include your mailing address and email address, so that we may acknowledge your tax-deductible donation. KlezCalifornia, Inc. is a §501(c)(3) tax-exempt charitable non-profit, EIN #55-0824193.
Whatever you're able to give, a sheynem dank (our sincere thanks)! Please contact us with any questions at 415.789.7679 or info[at]klezcalifornia.org.
If your donation is to support a particular fiscally sponsored project please click "+ Add special instructions to Seller," and indicate this. Donations for fiscally sponsored projects are tax-deductible, but are not eligible for the special benefits for donations to KlezCalifornia described below. Those projects may offer their own benefits.
Special Benefits for Donors
Honor Wall (see below)
- Honor a loved one or friend with a posting on our Honor Wall. You may find this particularly fitting if the person you are honoring spoke Yiddish or liked Yiddish, or klezmer music, or had a parent who did. Please tell us the name of the person you are honoring and, if you wish, something about his or her life, OR
- Tell others about your personal Yiddish heritage with a posting on our Honor Wall. We celebrate Yiddish culture in a participatory way, and would treasure knowing about your family experience with Yiddish.
For either of the above options, your message of up to 100 words will be on the Honor Wall for one year. Please submit your message by clicking "+ Add special instructions to Seller" on the donation form, or email separately to info[at]klezcalifornia.org, or include a note with your mailed check. A donation of any amount qualifies for the Honor Wall, and your donation remains fully tax-deductible.
You and a guest will be invited to our two semi-annual parties, for food, music and singing, and conversation with the Board of Directors and other friends of KlezCalifornia.
Thank You Gifts
With a donation to KlezCalifornia of $54 or more, you may also choose one of these gifts. Please let us know which by clicking "+ Add special instructions to Seller" on the donation form, or email separately to info[at]klezcalifornia.org, or include a note with your mailed check. The tax-deduction for your donation is reduced by the indicated amount.
- Live & Be Well, a celebration of Yiddish culture in America, by Richard F. Shepard and Vicki Gold Levi. This fascinating 192-page book describes hundreds of significant people, places, events, and ideas through which Yiddish culture affected American Jewish life. First published in 1982, and reprinted in 2000. ($10.40)
- The Oy Way, by Santa Cruz author Harvey Gotliffe. This warm and wonderful 115-page book helps you learn Yiddish expressions while engaging in meditative exercise. See theoyway.com. ($15)
- Yiddish Theater: A Love Story, 80-minute DVD. The film is a portrait of Zypora Spaisman, founder and grand dame of the Folksbiene Yiddish Theater, and her loving work to sustain Yiddish theater, and includes moving interviews with other living legends of the Yiddish theater. Shown at the San Francisco Jewish Film Festival in 2006, this film has received rave reviews from the Los Angeles Times, New York Magazine, and About.com ("one of the top ten documentaries of 2007"). See newlovefilms.com. ($25)
In honor or memory of your loved one, or friends, or your Yiddish heritage.
See above for details.
Pinny [Paul] Switzer:
I wish to honor
my teachers at the Peretz School in Winnipeg, Canada, 1945-1952. We had classes in Yiddish all morning Monday through Friday on an array of subjects, starting with learning to read and write, and progressing through history, literature, tanakh,
and Hebrew language. These teachers included Lapin, Zolf, Cantor, Halper, Greenberg, Tseitlin, Taft, and Fiterman.
Robin Braverman: In memory of Pauline and Bundy Lang.
Howard Freedman: In honor of Veretski Pass.
: In memory of Chaya Adler.
Dina and Yosef Shandling: In memory of Avrohom Chaim Feldman, from his Bubby and Zaidy Shandling.
Joshua Horowitz: Yey, KlezCalifornia!
Rivka Greenberg: In honor of Judy Kunofsky.
Talia Shaham: A great big mazl tov to our dear friends Jack and Shulamit Goldberg on both their recent 90th birthdays! Giving you thanks for supporting klezmer music and dance and bringing your energy to KlezCalifornia's events! And for being in our official video of the 2014 Yiddish Culture Festival in Palo Alto — your smiles and enthusiasm are contagious! Happy birthday! Wishing you lots more music and dance in the years ahead. (June 2016)
Elaine Moise and Bob Grodsky:
In memory of Joseph and Lillian Grodsky.
A gift to help perpetuate Yiddish culture.
In memory of Pauline and Bundy Lang.
In memory of Gerda Koppel, mother of Karen K. Bergen. May her memory be a blessing.