KlezCalifornia Yiddish Culture Festival — Berkeley, CA — October 26-27, 2013
Partial scholarships are available for individuals interested in participating but unable to pay the full registration fee. We expect scholarship recipients to volunteer before, during, and/or after the Festival. Help from volunteers is important to KlezCalifornia’s ongoing work and to making the Festival possible!
Please send completed applications by Wednesday, October 16 to KlezCalifornia. Email (preferred) to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by post received by deadline at 1728 Allston Way, Berkeley CA 94703.
Address ________________________________City/State/Zip ___________________
Would you like to sign up for our monthly email newsletter? ___ Already get it ___Yes ___ No
Phone, best number first: _________________________________________________
Please provide short descriptive answers to the following questions (you may use additional space):
1) HOW DID YOU LEARN OF THE FESTIVAL AND THE SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM?
(2) WHY DO YOU WANT TO ATTEND? HOW DO YOU PLAN TO PARTICIPATE?
(3) IF YOU HAVE YOU ATTENDED A PREVIOUS KLEZCALIFORNIA FESTIVAL, WHAT HAVE YOU LEARNED AND/OR APPLIED FROM IT, AND WHAT DRAWS YOU BACK?
(4) HOW WILL YOU USE WHAT YOU LEARN TO PROMOTE YIDDISH CULTURE AND/OR KLEZMER MUSIC? HOW CAN YOU HELP KLEZCALIFORNIA?
(5) HOW AND WHEN YOU CAN VOLUNTEER FOR KLEZCALIFORNIA? Please check at least one of the following:
____ Volunteer BEFORE the Festival, such as posting, and delivering flyers, performing klezmer at the Solano Stroll (9/8) or Berkeley Sunday Streets (10/13), and more. (If you would like to perform, please share a sample of your work such as a recording or video.)
(6) HOW MUCH CAN YOU PAY TOWARDS THE FESTIVAL PASS FEE OF $60 FOR ADULTS, $30 FOR TEENS, OR $12 FOR YOUTH 6-12?
More info posted at www.KlezCalifornia.org
Please print this page or download here: