Festival Home | General Info | Workshops | Teachers & Performers | Program for Kids | Registration & Tickets
Registration & Tickets
Logistics — getting there
- Location: Oshman Family Jewish Community Center, 3921 Fabian Way, Palo Alto, CA. Click map at right for Google Maps.
- Driving from southbound 101, take San Antonio Road
exit, turn right at first intersection on Charleston, then right at
first intersection on Fabian Way. Entrance to Oshman Family JCC will be
on your right.
- Driving from northbound 101,
take Charleston Road exit, cross San Antonio Road, turn right at first
intersection on Charleston, then right at first intersection on Fabian
Way. Entrance to Oshman Family JCC will be on your right.
- Public Transit: Caltrain's San Antonio Station is 1.5 miles from the JCC. Trains run Saturday and Sunday at convenient times to get you and from the Festival. The Santa Clara VTA 35 bus can bring you from near the train station to near the JCC .
- Carpooling: KlezCalifornia will try to arrange carpools from East Bay and San Francisco. Contact volunteer[at]klezcalifornia.org and indicate whether you are offering or seeking a ride, from where, and whether Saturday, Sunday, or both.
Logistics — once you arrive
- Parking: Free parking is available at the JCC's parking
garage under the facility. Entrance to the garage is from Fabian Way.
First stop at the guard kiosk and show your ID. Please park in the
designated areas. Locked bicycle parking is also available.
- Elevators: Three elevators, as well as staircases, go from the
garage to main level. Signs will be posted, and volunteers
will be there to assist you.
- Registration: Come directly to the Info Table to pick up or purchase your ticket(s) and get the Festival Program. The Info Table will be in the Schultz Hall lobby on Saturday and Sunday evenings, and in the Cultural Courtyard during the day on Sunday.
- Instrument Storage: There will be a locked room for instrument storage on Sunday or overnight Saturday, at your own risk. Ask at the Registration Table for location.
- Sunday lunch: A buffet lunch (dairy and vegetarian) will be served, free to pass holders, or available for purchase until November 1 (or until October 31 online), otherwise subject to availability on site. See Registration and Tickets to purchase a Pass or an individual lunch ticket. You may also bring your own lunch.
- Refreshments will be served at the Saturday evening Dance Party, and at the Freylekh Finale Party.
- Lodging is available about two miles from the JCC on El Camino Real near San Antonio Road, where the cities of Palo Alto, Los Altos and Mountain View intersect.
What to Bring
- Paper and pen/pencil if you like to take notes.
- Musical instrument if you play, and any
supplies you might need (extra strings, picks, reeds, batteries, etc.).
There will be a locked room for instrument storage during the day Sunday or
overnight Saturday, at your own risk. Ask at the Info Table for location.
- Recording device for workshops. You may record with teacher permission — and we would love to have a copy of any recording of a complete workshop. No recording at concerts.
- Music stand labelled with your name, if you plan to use sheet music.
- Mute if you play a loud instrument.
For Sale at the Festival
- We will sell Yiddish- and klezmer-related products at our Klezmer Store (KlezKrom),
such as CDs featuring and books by Festival teachers,
performers, and speakers. We are happy to also sell relevant products on
behalf of other Festival participants. Please contact us at least a
week before the Festival via info[at]klezcalifornia.org, 415.789.7679.
- Would you like to help us put on a great Yiddish Culture Festival? We need all kinds of volunteer help, before,
during and after the Festival, such as distributing flyers to clubs, synagogues and schools;
helping at the Info Table or in individual workshops; and setting up for Sunday evening's party. If you are interested in helping, contact Rivka at volunteer[at]klezcalifornia.org.