Festival Home | General Info | Workshops | Teachers & Performers | Registration & Tickets
- Location: JCC East Bay, 1414 Walnut Street, Berkeley, CA 94709 [Directions] [MAP]
- Public Transit:
- Take BART to the Berkeley (not North Berkeley) station. Walk north on Shattuck about 10 blocks, right on Vine, left on Walnut. About 15 minutes.
- From Berkeley BART station by bus, cross to east side of Shattuck Ave. to bus stop at corner of Center St. Take northbound AC Transit bus #18 to Vine or Rose St. and walk east a block to Walnut St.
- From Berkeley or North Berkeley BART station, there are taxi stands near the main exit. Fare is about $6.50.
- Driving & Parking: JCCEB has very limited off-street parking. Street parking is available but not necessarily abundant.
- Carpooling: Excellent idea!
- Sunday lunch: A buffet lunch (dairy and vegetarian) will be served to all Pass holders, or available for $10 (if you order in advance, see Registration & Tickets, otherwise subject to availability). You may also bring your own lunch (no pork or shellfish please). Peet's Coffee, Saul's Deli, supermarkets, etc. (Lush Gelato!) are very close by.
- Refreshments will be served at the Saturday Night Cabaret and at the Finale. Snacks will be served Sunday at 9:00am.
- Child care: A workshop for children/families is offered on Sunday in Workshop Session #1, 10:00-11:30am. You may participate with a child of any age, or leave a child 6-12 there if you are elsewhere at the Festival and have completed the required permission form. We did not receive enough interest in child care to offer it during Workshop Sessions #2 and #3, so it will not be available.
What to Bring
- Paper and pen/pencil if you like to take notes.
- Musical instrument and any
supplies you might need such as extra strings, picks, reeds, batteries, etc.
- Recording device for workshops. You may record with teacher permission. We would love to have a copy of any recording of a complete workshop. NO recording is allowed at concerts.
- Music stand labelled with your name, for sheet music (n.b., most classes are taught by ear).
- Mute if you play a loud instrument.
For Sale at the Festival
- We will sell Yiddish and klezmer-related products at our Klezmer Store (KlezKrom),
such as CDs featuring and books by Festival teachers,
performers, speakers, and participants. Please contact us in advance at 415.789.7679 or info[at]klezcalifornia.org. We reserve the right to decide what items to sell.
We may take photographs and video of the Festival for use in our newsletter, website, or similar non-commercial purposes. If you wish to be excluded, please notify us in advance at 415.789.7679 or info[at]klezcalifornia.org.
- We need all kinds of volunteer help before,
during, and after the Festival, such as distributing flyers to clubs, synagogues and schools, helping at the Info Table or in individual workshops, setup and cleanup. Contact Rivka at volunteer[at]klezcalifornia.org. Scholarship recipients are also expected to volunteer, see Registration page.