Buy Tickets Now
- Advance ticket sales closed. Tickets available at the door.
- Festival Pass (Cabaret + 2 Workshops): $50 adult, $20 teen, Free age 6-12.
- Individual Workshop Sessions: $20 adult, $10 teen, Free age 6-12
- Cabaret: $25 adult, $10 teen, Free age 6-12.
- We recommend buying passes and cabaret tickets in advance, as availability at door may be limited. There is no added transaction fee, so advance purchase costs the same as at door and will expedite your admission. Ticket Policies
- Scholarships: reduced price in exchange for volunteer time. Contactrivka@klezcalifornia.org by November 13 for more information.
- Location: JCC East Bay, 1414 Walnut Street, Berkeley, CA 94709 [Directions] [MAP]
- Public Transit:
- Take BART to the Downtown Berkeley (not North Berkeley) station. Walk north on Shattuck about 10 blocks, right on Vine, left on Walnut. About 15 minutes.
- From Berkeley BART station by bus, cross to east side of Shattuck Ave. to bus stop at corner of Center St. Take northbound AC Transit bus #18 to Vine or Rose St. and walk east a block to Walnut St.
- From Downtown Berkeley or North Berkeley BART station, there are taxi stands near the main exit. Fare is about $6.50.
- Driving & Parking: JCCEB has very limited off-street parking. Street parking is available but not necessarily abundant.
- Carpooling: Excellent idea!
- Refreshments will be served at the Cabaret. There are also many places to get food and refreshments in the neighborhood.
- Childcare: There is one workshop for children and families, but childcare is not provided.
What to Bring
- Paper and pen/pencil if you like to take notes.
- Musical instrument and any supplies you might need such as extra strings, picks, reeds, batteries, etc.
- Recording device for workshops. You may record with teacher permission. We would love to have a copy of any recording of a complete workshop. NO recording is allowed at concerts.
- Music stand labelled with your name, for sheet music (n.b., most classes are taught by ear).
- Mute if you play a loud instrument.
For Sale at the Festival
- We will sell Yiddish and klezmer-related products at our Klezmer Store (KlezKrom), such as CDs featuring and books by Festival teachers, performers, speakers, and participants. Please contact us at least two weeks in advance at 415.789.7679 or carol[at]klezcalifornia.org. We reserve the right to decide what items to sell.
We may take photographs and video of the Festival for use in our newsletter, website, or similar non-commercial purposes. If you wish to be excluded, please notify us in advance at 415.789.7679 or info[at]klezcalifornia.org.
- We need all kinds of volunteer help before, during, and after the Festival, such as distributing flyers to clubs, synagogues and schools, helping at the Info Table or in individual workshops, setup and cleanup. Scholarship recipients are also expected to volunteer to help at the Festival. Contact Rivka at rivka[at]klezcalifornia.org.
Support Our Festival
- Like everything KlezCalifornia does, this Festival depends on your generous financial support. Your gift is tax-deductible. Please DONATE HERE